Careers at Target
Below are the current opportunities:
Based in Castleford, just off M62 J31, Target Components Ltd is one of the UK's leading trade-only distributors of IT products. We deal directly with the world's leading manufacturers to bring our customers an extensive range of quality products and pass on our economies of scale through extremely competitive trade pricing.
What makes us truly unique is our commitment to helping our customers to increase sales via our innovative range of sales tools as well as a quality / price mix to suit all needs. We believe that we can only achieve success if our customers are successful and if we are instrumental in that success. The vast majority of our customers are independent retailers and systems builders who rely on us to provide the right products at the best prices day after day, which we achieve consistently because of our buying power.
Despite being established for over 17 years, we remain a progressive and innovative business that is always looking for new and unique ways to improve our offering to our customers. As a result, we are still growing rapidly and consistently setting new performance records year after year, and achieving 40%-plus bottom-line growth in each of our last 6 years.
To continue our growth and to help us achieve our aims of providing by far the best levels of service and customer care of any IT distributor, we are reliant on the quality of our staff. We currently have a vacancy for a Sales professional with the ability, enthusiasm, and the right attitude to help us - and our customers - to succeed.
Reporting to the Sales Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales function and the management of your portfolio of 200+ IT trade customers.
You will be responsible for generating business from outbound calls, handling incoming calls and other proactive sales activities. With targets based on profit achievement, you will have the flexibility to negotiate pricing with your customers, and will be tasked with maximising sales and returns whilst maintaining our high standards of customer care. You will be responsible for all aspects of developing and maintaining relationships with your customers to maximise both profits and customer satisfaction.
• Develop and grow customer accounts
• Ensure customer satisfaction at all times
• Troubleshoot underperforming accounts
• Negotiate pricing
• Raise sales orders
• Convert dormant customers to spend
• Promote Target and the services it provides
• Contact prospective customers to promote Target
• Maintain customer service standards
• Telephone sales experience
• Account management – preferably of IT related products
• Business generation
• Inbound sales
• Outbound sales
• Revive dormant accounts
• Customer service experience (as part of sales role)
• Minimum 5 GCSEs at grades C or above
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator with proven sales skills and the drive to achieve personal and departmental target driven goals. In addition you will have good organisational skills, show attention to detail, have excellent IT skills and:
• Able to build strong relationships
• Enthusiastic and self confident
• Good self-management skills
• Self motivated
• Strong negotiator
• Team player
• Well organised
• Professional manner
• Good sense of humour
and should possess
• Excellent sales skills and proven track record of sales success
• Excellent telephone manner
• Excellent communication skills
• Good level of computer skills
• Good level of IT hardware knowledge
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to negotiate pricing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong commercial awareness
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package along with an annual profit share scheme, private healthcare, pension and free on-site parking.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eileen Stewart on 01977 739 300.